Tears of the Kingdom has many Korok seeds hidden in the depths, the surface, and the sky you can find. The Great Sky Island also has 19 Korok seeds spread around the area. Although there are many Korok seeds in the game, they can be easy to find, knowing where you can locate and obtain them.
Table of Contents
If you are confused about Korok seeds and their use, you no longer have to worry. This guide will cover the uses of the Korok seeds and all about the nineteen seeds you can get on the Great sky island.
- Korok seeds can be found all over the map, and you need to solve little puzzles to obtain them.
- You need to find Hestu to find the use of the Korok seeds.
- You can upgrade your inventory slots by offering these seeds to Hestu.
- There are 19 Korok seeds that you can find on the Great Sky Island.
- Korok Mask can also be obtained by defeating the Black Hinox in the depths.
- The mask helps you find the Korok seeds by shaking them when near a seed.
- There are around a thousand seeds in Tears of The Kingdom.
- You can also obtain two seeds at once when it’s the puzzle of reuniting the Korok friends.
- You do not need to collect all the seeds to upgrade the inventory slots fully.
These are tiny golden seeds that you receive from Korok. Generally, you will get the Korok seed when you spot a Korok somewhere around the map.
However, many of them come with unique little puzzles that you must solve first. Some could be found under a pile of leaves. while others are separated from their Korok friends and need to be reunited to get the Korok seed.
There are approximately a thousand Korok seeds in Tears of The Kingdom. At the same time, most of them will be single Korok seeds you get after solving a little puzzle. There is also a good amount from the thousand that give you two Korok seeds at the same time.
However, That puzzle involves making two Koroks reunite with each other. These thousand seeds are spread across the many different regions in the depths sky and the surface of Tears of The Kingdom Map.
There are hundreds of Korok seeds around the map in Tears of The Kingdom, each offering a slight challenge before you can obtain them. In this section, we will cover all the Korok seeds you can find at Great sky island.
- Seed #1: Search around the room of awakening south of great sky island. Interact with the sparkling leaves behind you when you fast-travel under a tree to obtain the seed.
- Seed #2: Near the Nachoyah shrine south of great sky island, climb the giant hollow tree to find water in it. Jump on the single Lilly pad in the water and interact to obtain the seed.
- Seed #3: At the north end of the great sky island, there will be ruins at the end of the map. A sparkling orb will be hovering around; catch it to obtain the seed.
- Seed #4: Glide on a Zonai wing above the great sky island. Around the centre area is a pond on a floating island jump to it. Finally, Dive between the circle of Lilly pads to obtain the seed.
- Seed #5: Find a lake with a small piece of land on the south side of the great sky island. Afterwards, Climb that land and pick up the stone to obtain the seed.
- Seed #6: On the southwest side of the great sky island, search for a tree near the In-Isa Shrine and climb it to find a rock at the top of it. Finally, Pick up the rock to obtain the seed.
- Seed #7: Southwest side of the great sky island. Search for a hollow tree from the top and climb it to spot a pile of leaves. Burn those piles of leaves with fire to uncover a rock and pick it up to obtain the seed.
- Seed #8: Search the area east of the centre for ruins. Inside the ruins, beside a large tree, will be a flower. Go near it, and it will disappear and reappear. Keep following it to obtain the seed.
- Seed #9: North of the great sky island around the Temple of Time. Find a broken pillar with a wooden surface when you look up, ascend through that pillar using the ascend ability to obtain the seed.
- Seed #10: A floating island will be near the south centre of the great sky island. Access it with a glider and fix the rock formation around the tree by picking rock on the island to obtain the seed.
- Seed #11: Near the south centre of the great sky island near the steps on the east side of the river. Find a hole with rocks and open it with a hammer-type weapon. Go down and shoot an arrow at the balloon to obtain the seed.
- Seed #12: Southeast of the great sky island on the broken bridge. Find and fix a cube structure using the ultra-hand ability to obtain the seed.
- Seed #13: Southeast end of the great sky island. Find a dandelion on top of the snowy hills and hit it to make the seed come out and catch it before it falls to the ground to obtain the seed.
- Seed #14: Find the hollow snowy tree on the east side of the great sky island and climb to its top. Fix the rock circle by picking a rock and completing the process to obtain the seed.
- Seed #15: Southeast of the great sky island, under the large platform, find the 2D-looking square puzzle. Fix it with your ultra-hand ability to obtain the seed.
- Seed #16 and 17: West of the Great sky island near the river bank. Find a Korok separated from his friend. Build a hanging cart using a hook and logs to take the Korok to the other side of the railing. Now, Take the Korok near his friend using the ultra hand ability and interact to obtain the seed.
- Seed #18 and 19: South of the great sky island. Near the camp on the island, you will find a Korok separated from his friend. Build a cart with a fan to take the Korok north to his friend. Now, Take the Korok near his friend using the ultra hand ability and interact to obtain the seed.
To first unlock the use of these Korok seeds, you need to find the NPC Hestu. From the lookout landing, you need to head northwest to Lindor’s brow. The side quest “Hestu’s concern” will start when you first spot him. You will see that he is standing scared while looking at the trees.
You must defeat the trees to complete this side quest and interact with Hestu. This will be Hestu’s first location, and you can give him one Korok seed to expand your inventory slots. You can upgrade the bow, shield, and, most importantly, weapon inventory.
Hestu will switch locations after your first upgrades. The location change is based on how much progress you have made in the game. You will find him there if you have cleared the Korok forest of gloom. Otherwise, you can find Hestu at the lookout landing.
You can also figure it out by the conversation with Hestu as if he hints, “Somewhere with lots of people”, then he will be at the lookout landing. However, if he says “Somewhere to rest”, he will be at the Korok Forest.
Korok seeds are used to expand your inventory slots in Tears of The Kingdom. When you offer these Korok seeds to Hestu, he will perform a majestic dance, after which you will be granted the upgrade. The cost of these expansions increases after every upgrade. At first, it will cost one seed, then two seeds, then three seeds and so on.
The difference between the cost can vary depending on the number and the type of upgrade. Moreover, Each category has a different seed needed for each expansion, and their cost is not affected by other category upgrade costs.
- You can upgrade the weapon slots eleven times.
- You can upgrade the bow slots eight times.
- The shields slot can be upgraded sixteen times.
Upgrading your inventory slot is very important to collect different items with different effects at the same time. Specifically in Tears of The Kingdom, the new feature to fuse weapons unlocks the possibility of making many combinations of weapons.
So to try out this feature and to hold the strongest weapons, you need to have extra inventory slots to have space for them all.
The Korok mask is a unique mask that is shaped like a leaf. It has a unique feature that is very useful when exploring around to find the Korok seeds. You can use this Korok mask even in the game’s early stages. This mask is useful as it can indicate when a Korok seed is nearby, helping you find the exact spot. If a Korok seed is nearby, then the mask will tell you by shaking on Link’s face.
You can obtain the mask by defeating the Black Hinox at the Forest Coliseum in the great Hyrule forest depths. Ensuring you have items that grant you the gloom resistance buff will help you in this fight. Near the forest coliseum is the Ramobnukas light root, which is located northwest of the Rikonasum Lightroot.
This enemy can be tough to beat as it has high attack power. So come prepared with health restoration items to help you out. Moreover, to defeat the Black Hinox, you can shoot arrows at its eye to stun it. While the Hinox is stunned, you can deliver heavy blows to deal damage and run away when it starts to get back up.
Shooting at the eye requires time precision, and when its health is low, it will also block its eye from arrows, so it’s best to time your arrows to hit his eye. After defeating the Black Hinox, you can open the chest to get the Korok mask.
Although there are around a thousand Korok seeds, you do not need to collect all of them. You can collect the amount you need to upgrade the inventory based on your preferences. You can fully max out the upgrade with less than five hundred seeds, so you do not need to collect them all.
The high density of the Korok seeds in Tears of the Kingdom makes it easier to find the seeds. So you do not have to locate them all. Even though finding them can be tough, it is worth it as you can carry around more of the fantastic fuse weapons you make with you. Finally, Find the Korok mask to make your exploration of Korok seeds easier.
If you enjoyed this guide, make sure to check out these other guides on Zelda Tears of The Kingdom:
- Tears of The Kingdom Dandelion Puzzle Solution
- Tears of The Kingdom Flux Construct Core [Explained]
- Tears of The Kingdom Best Builds [Top 10]
- Tears of The Kingdom Energy Cells [Ultimate Guide]
Was this helpful? 🕹️
Good job! Please give your positive feedback 😏
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 💡