FromSoftware’s latest, gruelling RPG has arrived in the form of Elden Ring. Taking players on an epic quest across the Lands Between to become an Elden Lord, the game pits you against more than 50 boss battles, both required to beat the story, and simply roaming around the open world. In this Elden Ring Boss Order guide, we’ll run you through every boss in the game and where to find them.
How Many Bosses Are There in Elden Ring?
There are more than 50 bosses (as well as Patches, if you want to take him on!) you can take on across The Lands Between in Elden Ring. However, keep in mind that you can beat the main story of the game without having to fight them all.
All Elden Ring Bosses Needed to Beat the Game
There are 14 bosses you’ll need to beat as part of the main story questline in Elden Ring. These are as follows:
- Margit, the Fell Omen
- Godrick the Grafted
- Red Wolf of Radagon
- Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
- Godfrey, First Elden Lord
- Morgott, the Omen King
- Starscourge Radahn
- Malenia, Blade of Miquella
- Mohg, Lord of Blood
- Fire Giant
- Maliketh, The Black Blade
- Godfrey, First Elden Lord/ Hoarah Loux, Warrior
- Radagon of the Golden Order/ Elden Beast
It’s worth noting that some of these bosses can be avoided by finding different routes to the various regions of The Lands Between that you’ll be exploring. However, these are the 14 bosses we encountered that appeared unavoidable during our playthrough of the game.
All Optional Elden Ring Bosses We’ve Found So Far
Below, you’ll find the list of the optional bosses you’ll encounter in Elden Ring, split into the different areas of the Lands Between where you’ll find them.
If one gives you some problems, simply go off, do something else to make yourself stronger and try taking them on again at a later point.
Editor’s Note: We’re still continuing to discover bosses as we explore more of The Lands Between, so be sure to check back soon. Thanks to fextralife for helping us track down some of these additional open-world bosses.
Bosses in Limgrave
- Ancient Hero of Zamor – Weeping Evergaol
- Beast of Farum Azula – Groveside Cave
- Bell Bearing Hunter – Stormhill Evergaol
- Black Knife Assassin – Deathtouched Catacombs
- Bloodhound Knight Darriwil – Forlon Hound Evergaol
- Crucible Knight – Stormhill Evergaol
- Demi-Human Chief – Coastal Cave
- Erdtree Burial Watchdog – Stormfoot Catacombs
- Flying Dragon Agheel – Dragon-Burnt Ruins
- Glintstone Dragon Adula – Three Sisters
- Grafted Scion – Tutorial Area/ First Boss
- Grave Warden Duelist – Murkwater Catacombs
- Leonine Misbegotten – Castle Morne
- Lion Guardian – Stormveil Castle
- Mad Pumpkin Head – Waypoint Ruins
- Night’s Cavalry – Bridge by Agheel Lake North
- Runebear – Earthbore Cave
- Soldier of Godrick – Fringefolk Hero’s Grave
- Stonedigger Troll – Limgrave Tunnels
- Tibia Mariner – Summonwater Village (also found at East Liurnia of the Lakes)
- Tree Sentinel – Limgrave Road (immediately after exiting tutorial area)
All Liurnia of the Lakes Bosses
- Adnan, Thief of Fire – Malefactor’s Evergaol
- Alabaster Lord – Royal Grave Evergaol
- Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader – Ringleader’s Evergaol
- Bols, Carian Knight – Cuckoo’s Evergaol (Western Liurnia of the Lakes)
- Cemetery Shade – Tombsward Catacombs
- Cleanrot Knight – Stillwater Cave
- Crystalians – The Academy Crystal Cave (also found in Atlus Tunnel & Raya Lucaria Crystal Cave)
- Erdtree Avatar – Minor Erdtree
- Glintstone Dragon Adula – Cathedral of Manus Celes & Three Sisters
- Glintstone Dragon Smarag – South of Crystalline Woods
- Magma Wyrm Makar – Ruin-Strewn Precipice
- Omenkiller – Village of the Albinaurics
- Royal Knight Loretta – Caria Manor
- Royal Revenant – Kingsrealm Ruins
- Spirit-Called Snail – Road’s End Catacombs
All Elden Ring Bosses in Caelid
- Black Blade Kindred – Field Boss
- Decaying Ekzykes – Highway in the South of Caelid
- Elder Dragon Greyoll – West of Deep Siofra Well Site of Grace
- Fallingstar Beast – Sellia Crystal Tunnel
- Flying Dragon Greyll – Bridge northeast of Dragonbarrow
- Magma Wyrm – Gael Tunnel
- Night’s Cavalry – Caelid Highway in the South
- Commander O’Neil – Inside Aeonia Swamp in eastern Caelid
All Altus Plateaus Bosses
- Elemer of the Briar – The Shaded Castle
- Onyx Lord – Sealed Tunnel (right next to west gate to Leyndell Royal Capital)
- Stonedigger Troll – Old Atlus Tunnels
All Bosses in Mt. Glemir
- Demi-Human Queen Margot – Volcano Cave
- Demi-Human Queen Maggie – Hermit Village
- Erdtree Burial Watchdog – Wyndham Catacombs
- Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast – Near to Ninth Mt. Glemir Campsite Site of Grace
- Perfumer Tricia – Unsightly Catacombs
- Red Wolf of the Champion – Gelmir Hero’s Grave
- Ulcerated Tree Spirit – Close to Stranded Graveyard Site of Grace
All Leyndell, Royal Capital Bosses
- Crucible Knight – Auriza Hero’s Grave
- Crucible Knight Ordovis – Auriza Hero’s Grave
- Divine Bridge Golem – Divine Bridge
- Esgar, Priest of Blood – Leyndell Catacombs
- Fell Twins – Capital Outskirts
- Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing – Mandatory Boss to Access Legacy Dungeon
All Elden Ring Bosses in Mountaintops of the Giants
- Borealis the Freezing Fog – East of Spiritcaller Cave (requires Stonesword Key)
- Commander Niall – Castle Sol
- Godskin Apostle & Godskin Noble – Spiritcaller’s Cave
All Siofra River Bosses
- Ancestor Spirit – Hallowhorn Grounds
- Dragonkin Soldier – Accessed by using the Siofra River East Waygate to reach the highest level of Siofra River. He’s sitting in the water.
All Ainsel River Bosses
- Valiant Gargoyle – Siofra Aqueduct
Crumbling Farum Azula Bosses
- Dragonlord Placidusax – Exit elevator after beating Maliketh and drop down several cliffs floating in the air. Lie down in one of the empty graves to be transported to this Elden Ring boss.
All Elden Ring Bosses in Nokron, Eternal City
- Mimic Tear – Found behind Mist Door. Use a Stonesword Key to access it.
- Regal Ancestor Spirit – Light up all six obelisks by the stairs of the Hollowhorn Grounds, then interact with deer carcass at the back of the temple to be teleported to the arena for this boss fight.
Bosses in Lake of Rot (Underground)
- Astel, Naturalborn of the Void – Grand Cloister. From the Site of Grace, go down towards the river of Scarlet Rot. Interact with the coffin on the left-hand side of the Grand Structure to be taken to the boss room.
- Dragonkin Soldier of Nokstella – Uhl Palace Ruins
Bosses in Deeproot Depths
- Fia’s Champions – At the other end of a tunnel next to the Across the Roots Site of Grace.
- Erdtree Avatar – Waking around near the great Waterfall Crest Site of Grace.
- Lichdragon Fortissax – Give Fia the Cursemark of Death at the Prince of Death’s Throne, then speak to her until you’re prompted to Enter the Deathbed Dream.
- Crucible Knight Siluria – Found guarding a hole in a giant tree in the northwest corner of the map, past the Nameless Eternal City Site of Grace.
Bosses in Miquella’s Haligtree
- Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree – Across the canopies with the two sorcerers, near the Haligtree Town Site of Grace.
There you have a full list of bosses in Elden Ring. We’ll continue to update this guide with more precise boss locations as we dive deeper into the game.
For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki or see more of our coverage on the game below.
About the author
Several of Twinfinite's staff likely contributed heavily to this article, so that's why this byline is set. You can find out more about our colorful cast of personnel over in the The Team page on the site.
More Stories by Twinfinite Staff
- Elden Ring: Best Armor for Astrologer Builds
- Every Boss in Elden Ring, Ranked from Easiest to Hardest
- Elden Rings Gets Crowned Game of the Year at 2023’s GDC Awards